As handcrafted soaps do not have the chemicals in them to harden them as commercial soaps do, they can get gummy and disintegrate quickly if left in a water-filled dish or shelf. This deck is an excellent investment as it will help them to last as long as possible.
- Each deck hand cut and sanded
- Ridges to ensure soap completely dries
- Silicone bumper feet to lift the deck out of any water
- High quality untreated oak hardwood
- Each has its own unique look that will darken to a rich patina as the oils in the soap penetrate the wood.
- Ideal for by the sink
- Measures about 4"L x 3"W x .75"H
To clean, just wipe off collected soap with hand or a washcloth. If mold does develop, spray with bleach and let sit for a minute or two before rinsing. Do not let it sit it wet conditions such as a shower. After use, bring to a dry place or it will develop incurable mold. With proper care, soap oils will leach into the wood giving it a seasoned appearance.