Dried Organic Sweet Grass (Hierochloe Odorata) Braid - 1 oz. 20”Long
Each dried braid is measured between ties and weighs at least 1 ounce. Most are heavier and the braid is tight, so grass is actually longer. It is organically grown, fertilized, harvested, and braided with love in my Michigan garden. This crop is from the 2020 harvest.
Scent: Similar to lightly spiced vanilla.
1. Room Freshener: let it soak for a few months in olive oil and use the infused oil in a burner (not a diffuser or it will clog)
2. As-is: Let it hang from a peg or make a small wreath out of it
3. Basket: Dampen it with some water and weave it for baskets
4. Incense: Can be burnt or ‘smudged’
How to smudge your braid of Sweetgrass:
1. Cut off the end of the braid, about where the tie is. You want to cut off the end that is a little more dried, where the white turns to green.
2. Light the cut end of the braid by holding it in a high flame such as a candle or clicker lighter and gently rotate the braid while it is in the flame.
3. Carefully blow on the lit end and either place braid in a non-flammable container or wave around gently.
4. The braid will smolder by producing smoke, but no flame.
5. To put it out, tamp gently against your container.
Helpful video on smudging: http://youtu.be/Fkj1qkAhd2Y. Just copy/ paste link into browser.
Scent is still strong well into winter and spring as the braids are kept in a special climate and out of any light. This method is also very beneficial in keeping the braids green much longer than they would normally out in the open.
Harvests are at the end of May/ beginning of June, and at the end of July/beginning of August.
***I am sorry, but there are NO DISCOUNTS for a bulk purchase of the braids.