Oak Hardwood Soap Deck
As handcrafted soaps do not have the chemicals in them to harden them as commercial soaps do, they can get gummy and disintegrate quickly if left in a water-filled dish or shelf. This deck is an excellent investment as it will help them to last as long as possible.
- Each deck hand cut and sanded
- Ridges to ensure soap completely dries
- Silicone bumper feet to lift the deck out of any water
- High quality untreated oak hardwood
- Each has its own unique look that will darken to a rich patina as the oils in the soap penetrate the wood.
- Ideal for by the sink
- Measures about 4"L x 3"W x .75"H
To clean, just wipe off collected soap with hand or a washcloth. If mold does develop, spray with bleach and let sit for a minute or two before rinsing. Do not let it sit it wet conditions such as a shower. After use, bring to a dry place or it will develop incurable mold. With proper care, soap oils will leach into the wood giving it a seasoned appearance.